More feet. Less footprint.
We are committed to a long-term, science-based approach to sustainability. We know it’s time to think bigger about the impact our products and their full life cycle have on the planet.
We are using sound science to address our contribution to climate change and align our efforts across every level of our business to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Strategies are focused on materials we use, product design, manufacturing processes, and our global supply chain.
- Reduce absolute scope 1 & 2 greenhouse gas emissions 50% by 2030 and 90% by 2040 (from a 2021 baseline)
- Reduce scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions 52% per unit of production by 2030 and 97% per unit of production by 2040 (from a 2021 baseline)
- Reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions across the value chain by 2040
As we create new gear and run our global business, we also want to minimize our impact on the planet — so we are limiting our reliance on non-renewable resources through more sustainable materials and reduced waste.
Our gear will last longer with less environmental impact. Plus we’re taking greater responsibility to make sure our gear doesn’t end up in the landfill after it has run its last mile.
- Source only materials with minimum 50% recycled or bio-based content by 2030
- Eliminate footwear manufacturing material waste sent to landfill or incineration by 2030
- Launch Brooks’ first fully circular performance running footwear and apparel by 2030
- Launch recommerce and implement a product take-back program
Action for our planet
We are purchasing carbon credits from projects that meet strict criteria for making a meaningful difference in slowing climate change. We will continue to seek projects that have quantified and verified data that show positive results. We’ve already started with our highest-volume style — the Ghost.
Read more about our efforts to make an impact
Transparency and accountability
The finish line of this marathon is a long way off, but we’re committed to positive change and transparency about where we can do more and how we can do better.
Our People Path