It’s pretty simple: we send you gear, you use it. You use it on morning jogs, on race days, in the sun and in the snow. Any time and any place you run and then let us know how it worked (or didn't work) for you. Your feedback is what helps determine fit, function, and design of all our future products.See if you Qualify
We like the way you move. That’s right, studying your biomechanics is an important part of making sure Brooks gear will enhance your performance—not impede it. So we stick you on a treadmill in our Biomechanics Lab in Seattle and watch the way you run.See if you Qualify
It’s pretty simple: we send you gear, you use it. You use it on morning jogs, on race days, in the sun and in the snow. Your feedback is what helps determine the fit, function and design of all our future products.
We are not currently accepting applications for the Wear Tester program. Please check back later in the year to see if any openings have become available.
Wear tester requirements
To become a Wear Tester, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Agree to all terms of the Product Testing Agreement
- Agree to not post or share any pictures or information of product you are testing (unless with explicit consent from Brooks).
- Agree to return product upon request.
- Live in the Continental United States and be able to receive packages delivered by FedEx. (Due to import/export duty and trade restrictions we are unable to ship testing product outside the U.S. Due to cost and time restraints we are unable to ship testing product to Alaska, Hawaii, or other United States territories, including APO and AE addresses.)
- Know your personal gait category and running shoe size (if you do not, please visit a running specialty store to be fitted before you apply)
- Know your sports bra size if you are interested in testing bras. (If you do not know, please visit a running specialty store to be fitted before you apply.)
- Have regular access to the Internet and a unique, individual, valid e-mail address.
- Be able to provide detailed, helpful and timely feedback effectively via email.
- Agree to use shoes only for running during testing. (No yard work, rock climbing, etc.)
- Want to help us create better Brooks gear!
We like the way you move. That’s right: studying your biomechanics is an important part of making sure Brooks gear will enhance your performance—not impede it. So we stick you on a treadmill in our Biomechanics Lab in Seattle and watch the way you run.
We are not currently accepting applications for the Lab Rat program. Please check back later in the year to see if any openings have become available.
Lab rats requirements
To become a Lab Rat, you first must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Agree to all terms of the Product Testing Agreement.
- Be a resident of Washington State.
- Be a men’s shoe size 9 or 10-1/2, or women’s shoe size 8-1/2 to test shoes.
- Be able to maintain an eight-minute mile pace for three minutes.
- Run a minimum of 15 miles per week.
- Have had no muscular or skeletal injuries in the past six months.
- Be able to commit to sessions that can last up to three hours.
Beta Runners Application
- Q: Who pays for shipping?
- A: Brooks will pay to ship all gear to you and send you a return shipment label when we need the gear returned.
- Q: Can I post pictures on my Facebook page / blog / internet running log / Twitter / Instagram?
- A: No. Please read the Product Testing Agreement. When you sign up to be a Product Tester you agree to refrain from posting pictures or giving information of any kind over the Internet unless to a Brooks product representative.
- Q: Can I race in my testing shoes and apparel?
- A: Yes. We want you to use the gear as you would any other gear you purchased.
- Q: Do I need to provide my own travel to Seattle to participate in the Lab Rats program?
- A: Yes. We will only invite those who live in Washington State, due to this requirement.
- Q: Do I get paid for participating in the Product Testing program?
- A: We do not reimburse testers monetarily. We value your opinions and feedback, and feel that your payment comes in the experience of, and opportunity to, test product before it hits the market.
- Q: My friends would be great Product Testers. How can they sign up?
- A: Have your friends fill out the Product Testing Application.
- Q: I applied and still haven’t heard if I have been accepted as a Product Tester. What’s up?
- A: Once you apply, you are in the Brooks Product Tester database, which is where we find new Wear Testers and Lab Rats. However, being in the database does not guarantee you will receive a product to test or an invitation to our Biomechanics Lab. We cannot guarantee, promise or predict any future testing. We will email you if you are invited to participate in either program.
Beta Runners Agreement
By submitting the Brooks Product Testing Application, you have agreed to be a member of the Brooks Sports, Inc. Product Testing Program and to comply with all terms and conditions outlined below. As such, you are associated with an elite group dedicated to producing the finest athletic and sports footwear in the world. A significant part of Brooks’ success may be derived from the information you will be providing as an objective Product Tester. Your selection as a Brooks Sports Product Tester allows a unique opportunity for you to evaluate some of the leading technology in the footwear industry today.
The information you will provide is valuable to Brooks Sports and will be used in the continuing development of Brooks Sports products. Due to the competitive nature of the footwear industry and the confidential nature of the technology you will be evaluating, this information will also be of interest to Brooks Sports competitors. In order to safeguard this information, you agree, in consideration for being a Product Tester, to not disclose to any third party without the prior written consent of Brooks Sports, any information that may be deemed to be confidential or proprietary in nature, including, but not limited to, such information as footwear, materials, or marketing plans. You also agree that any information you learn or provide as a Product Tester is the sole property of Brooks Sports.
You understand, the footwear you will test will remain the sole property of Brooks Sports. You will not loan, sell or give the product to anyone. After testing, or any time during the testing phase, if a Brooks analyst requests the product you will promptly return it. In order to protect amateur athletic eligibility, athletes will return all testing product to Brooks Sports following the conclusion of a test.