At Brooks, we care about keeping your information confidential. And besides protecting your information on our end, we built this page to help you protect yourself. Before we dive into the details, if you have any concerns related to the protection of your information, please call us at 1-855-427-6657, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://support.brooksrunning.com/hc/en-us.
Imposter web sites
Occasionally, fraudsters1 create imposter web sites that appear to be by Brooks and sell Brooks products. Often the products are offered at significant discount to entice you to purchase and share your payment information. Don’t be fooled! Although Brooks works hard to shut down2 imposter web sites, be careful to only shop on legitimate web sites. Please visit brooksrunning.com or authorized retailers for authentic real-deal Brooks shoes, sports bras, and apparel.
Good passwords are a great step in protecting yourself from online security risks or scams. Here are some suggestions for creating strong passwords (hint: “password” is not an acceptable password. Ever.)
- Do not use the same password on more than one web site.
- Use complex passwords (a minimum of 8 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters)
- Do not share your password with others
- Change your passwords frequently
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses
- Sign out/log off web site sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal
- Regularly review tips and best practices offered by security experts3 to make sure you’re up to date on how best to protect yourself
Can’t get enough of this? You can find additional information about Internet fraud and current scams here.
Think you may have been targeted? If you feel you’ve been a victim of Internet fraud or another Internet crime you can file a complaint here.
For information regarding identity theft, and how to protect yourself from it, you can visit the Federal Trade Commission’s page here.
For information from the FTC’s Consumer Protection Bureau about computer security and “phishing,” visit:
From all of us here at Brooks, believe us when we say that staying safe on the Internet is a great way to make sure you Run Happy every day.