Last Updated: December 29, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: access or use the Services; purchase our products; participate in a survey, contest, promotion, activity, or event; subscribe to our newsletter; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, birth date, photographs, videos, social media handles, information about your exercise habits, weight and shoe size, demographic and biographical information, injuries, payment method information, transaction history, running assessment data, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use the Services, Brooks may also automatically collect information about you such as:
- Log Information. We log information about you when you visit and use the Services, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), and the web page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Transaction Information. When you purchase a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase.
- Device Information. We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information. We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We and our service providers may automatically collect information about you using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. "Cookies" are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Services, improve your experience, determine which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. For more information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see "Your Privacy Choices" below. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Services or in emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Brooks may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from consumer insight sources (such as information about your inferred interests) to help us better understand your interests.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including product recommendations, purchase confirmations, and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, rewards, events, and provide other news and information about Brooks and our partners;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, features, or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience; and
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and who require access to your information to carry out their work. For instance, we may share information about you with other companies that use this information to help us and other companies prevent fraudulent transactions;
- When you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly, such as your username, photos, biographical information, information about your activity on the Services (including but not limited to the date you created your account, the date you last logged into your account, prior posts and kudos, badges earned, etc.), and any other information you choose to provide;
- With other companies, for purposes of sending their own direct mail and helping them to understand your interests, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by contacting us at email@example.com;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights and property of Brooks or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Third Party Advertising and Analytics
U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor
Brooks Sports, Inc. complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce (collectively, "Safe Harbor") in connection with its processing of personal data about EU and Swiss data subjects. With respect to this data, Brooks Sports, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Brooks Sports, Inc.’s certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Your Privacy Choices
Online Account Information
You may access, update and correct your online account information at any time by logging into your online account and updating your preferences. If you wish to delete your online account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device. When the Stride Signature application is launched on a mobile device for the first time, the user will similarly be asked to consent to the application’s collection of information. Subsequent collection may be stopped by changing the preferences on the device; however, certain features of the Stride Signature application may no longer function.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Brooks permits you to opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to opt out of this sharing, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Brooks by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or your purchases.