More feet. Less footprint.
We are committed to a long-term, science-based approach to sustainability. We know it’s time to think bigger about the impact our products and their full life cycle have on the planet.
We are using sound science to address climate change and align our efforts across every level of our business to reduce carbon emissions. This includes product designs, materialization, manufacturing, and our global supply chain.
- Reduce absolute scope 1 & 2 carbon emissions 50% and absolute scope 3 carbon emissions 15% by 2030 (from a 2018 baseline)
- Take responsibility for our carbon emissions by purchasing high-quality carbon offsets, starting in 2021 with our highest-volume product, the Ghost shoe
- Achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2040
As we create new gear and run our global business, we also want to minimize our impact on the planet — so we are limiting our reliance on non-renewable resources through more sustainable materialization and reduced waste.
Our gear will last longer with less environmental impact. Plus we’re taking greater responsibility to make sure our gear doesn’t end up in the landfill after it has run its last mile.
- Move to 100% recycled polyester in footwear and new apparel materials by 2023
- Zero manufacturing waste to landfill by 2025
- Partnership with Soles 4 Souls and new take-back initiative to keep gear out of landfills
- Development of fully circular performance shoe and apparel by 2030
- Sourcing of all materials with minimum 50% recycled or renewable content by 2030
We are purchasing carbon offsets from projects that meet strict criteria for making a meaningful difference in slowing climate change. We will continue to seek projects that have quantified and verified data that show positive results. We’ve already started with our highest-volume style — the Ghost 14.
Transparency and accountability
The finish line of this marathon is a long way off, but we’re committed to positive change and transparency about where we can do more and how we can do better.
Our People Path