Brooks Running Inspiring Coaches Giveaway Official Rules
Important: Please read these rules before nominating a Nominee (defined below) in this Giveaway (the "Giveaway").By participating in this Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that your Nominee satisfies all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF A NOMINEE RECEIVING A GIFT. YOU MAY ONLY NOMINATE A NOMINEE WHO IS A COACH AS OF THE START DATE OF THE CONTEST AND WHO IS A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR CANADA AND IS AT LEAST AGE 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF THE NOMINEE YOU NOMINATE DOES NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THEN THE NOMINEE IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A GIFT, AND BROOKS SPORTS, INC. ("Brooks") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO GIVE GIFTS TO THAT NOMINEE.
Nominations (defined below) must be completed and received by Brooks in the manner and format designated below in order to be judged. Directors, officers and employees of Brooks and its participating sponsor(s) and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to receive any gifts, nominate Nominees or vote for Nominees. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. A Nominee can be nominated by multiple individuals, but an individual may only nominate a particular Nominee one time. Additional Nominations from one individual (including from different email addresses belonging to one individual) for one Nominee will be disregarded. A Nominee may not nominate himself or herself.
- Disclaimer. Brooks and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Brooks or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- Gifts. One winner will receive the following gift pack: $10,000 in Brooks merchandise for the recipient’s current high school team (approximate retail value ("ARV"): $10,000); $2,000 cash for additional team needs (ARV: $2,000); and membership in the Brooks I.D. Program for 2019 (ARV: $1,500). Total ARV of gift pack: $13,500. All merchandise and cash will be donated directly to the high school (or its designee) where the winner gift recipient coaches and will be earmarked for the track and field and/or cross country program at those schools.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of receiving a gift depend on the number of eligible Nominees and the quality of Nominations received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE MEMBERSHIP IN THE I.D. PROGRAM AND THE TRIP ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RECIPIENT. All gifts will be given. If a gift notification is returned as undeliverable or a gift is otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) business days after delivery of notification, the applicable gift will be forfeited and awarded to the Nominee who received the next highest score after the forfeiting recipient is disqualified. Gifts are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any gifts will be permitted, except that Brooks reserves the right to substitute a gift of comparable or greater value for any gift. Limit one gift per Nominee per school. All gifts are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- How to Nominate a Nominee. To nominate a Nominee, take the following steps during the Contest Period:
(i) Identify a current coach that you think is an inspiring coach (a "Nominee");
(ii) Visit Brooks' Web site at www.brooksrunning.com;
(iii) Click on the "Inspiring Coaches Application" on the Inspiring Coaches Program webpage;
(iv) Fill out the Inspiring Coaches Application with all requested information about the Nominee; and
(v) Follow the instructions to submit your entry (your completed Inspiring Coaches Application, contact and other information are collectively your "Nomination").
All requested information and material must be provided for your Nomination to be valid. Nominations submitted to Brooks in connection with the Contest will not be returned. Proof of online submission of a Nomination will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of Nomination by Brooks. By submitting a Nomination, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
By submitting your Nomination, you agree that your Nomination conforms to the Content Guidelines and Restrictions listed below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Brooks, in its sole discretion, may remove any Nomination and your Nominee from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Nomination fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions: (i) Your Nomination must not disparage any person or entity; (ii) Your Nomination must be tasteful, consistent with Brooks' brand and image, must not be harmful to Brooks' brand or image, and must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, and/or defamatory; (iii) Your Nomination must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and (iv) Your Nomination must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Nomination is created.
- Selection and Notification of Recipient. Beginning on or about March 15th, 2019, a panel of qualified judges, including Brooks employees (the "Judging Panel") will, in their sole discretion score the eligible Nominee based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"), each as applied to the Nominations received for each Nominee. Selections will be based on:
(i) overall inspirational quality of Nominee;
(ii) clarity and objectivity of examples of how the Nominee has been inspirational;
(iii) consistency of Nominee with the theme of inspirational coaches;
(iv) the most apt, interesting, and original Nomination;
(v) the overall merit of the Nominee (including the number of Nominations the Nominee receives); and
(vi) the overall quality (e.g., writing quality, including clarity) of the Nomination.
On or about September 1, 2019, the winner will be posted online at www.brooksrunning.com/inspiringcoaches.
There will be no public voting – as in previous years – in lieu of a social media campaign aimed at telling the finalist’s stories.
The 2019 program winner will be scored based on the aforementioned inspirational qualities by a group of Brooks employees.
The Nominee that receives the highest Final Score will be the gift recipients. Gift recipients will be notified by email and telephone or about April 1, 2019. To claim a gift, each gift recipient should follow the instructions contained in his or her notification.
- Selection of Merchandise. Actual model, color, size and features of the merchandise included in the gift pack awarded will be selected by Brooks in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in print, electronic, or online advertising, including Brooks' web site.
- Non-Infringing Entry Materials. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you have the right to grant the rights granted herein (including without limitation in Section 9 below) or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit your Nomination in connection with the Contest and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules; and (ii) your Nomination and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- License to Nominations. By submitting your Nomination, you hereby grant to Brooks a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Nomination, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Contest and for other marketing and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Nominations, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed, without additional compensation to you. Brooks will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Nomination you submit or to return any such Nomination or Contest entry materials to you. You also agree to take, at Brooks' expense, any further action reasonably requested by Brooks to effect, perfect, or confirm Brooks' rights set forth above in this paragraph.
- Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any gift, the gift recipient may (in Brooks' sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to Brooks a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Brooks in its sole discretion
- Gift Recipient List; Rules Request. For a copy of the gift recipient list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after October 30, 2019 and before November 30, 20179 to Brooks at the address listed below, Attn: "Brooks Inspiring Coaches" Contest Gift Recipient List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Brooks at the address listed below, Attn: "Brooks Inspiring Coaches" Contest Official Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. Brooks and Brooks Running are trademarks of Brooks Sports, Inc. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright 2016 by Brooks Sports, Inc. All rights are reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington, U.S.A. You agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Brooks, which are final and binding in all respects. Brooks reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Brooks' control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Brooks otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Brooks reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Contest at any time without notice. Participants who violate these Official Rules; violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest; tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Brooks, the Contest, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Brooks' sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Brooks reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to Brooks Sports, Brooks Inspiring Coaches Contest, ATTN: S. DeKoker, 3400 Stone Ave N, Ste 5, Seattle, WA 98103.
- Address: Brooks Sports, Inc., 3400 Stone Ave N, Ste 5, Seattle, WA 98103.