Embrace lightweight without losing cushion in the get-up-and-go PureFlow 3. We've fine-tuned features like a more rounded heel, sculpted the medial side while integrating a wider Nav Band, and repositioned the Toe Flex to better align your stride. So all you feel is that sweet cushion, and all you need is the open road.
We’re not the only people going with the Flow: Runner’s World Magazine named the PureFlow 3 its "Best Update" in their March 2014 issue. The editors praised new design for its smoother landing, more flexibility in the forefoot, and improved fit; calling the PureFlow 3 "a bargain-priced trainer that handles a lot of miles."
Just like our core line, we hold PureProject to the industry’s highest weartest and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject line to last approximately 250-300 miles.
Runner's World is a registered trademark of Rodale Inc. © 2014 Rodale Inc. All rights reserved.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole provides adaptive cushioning
- Rounded heel offers better alignment, minimizing stress on joints
- Omega Flex Grooves add stability and flexibility
- Nav-band wraps your foot for comfortable security
- No-sew overlays give ultimate comfort
An innovative cushioning system that adapts to runners of all sizes and speeds, providing a custom ride.
The slight curve of the heel aligns force through the center of your ankle joint, reducing internal stress on your body.
What is it?
Brooks DNA is an innovative and uniquely adaptive cushioning system. By adapting to your specific weight, pace, gait and running surface, DNA offers customized cushioning and adds a spring to your step.
Traditional cushioning takes a one-size-fits-all approach, but we know that each runner is different. Brooks DNA was developed to continuously tailor the level of cushioning to your specific needs – even as they change during the run.
How does it work?
Brooks DNA is made up of a non-Newtonian material or more simply put, a material that adapts to the specific force you apply to it. Part of the brilliance is that this compound was engineered to perform at the molecular level (picture millions of resilient 'nanosprings').
If you looked at Brooks DNA through a microscope, you'd see that it's made up of individual molecules connected in strands. These strands (which form chains) react to the amount of force placed on the foot, dispersing pressure and providing resiliency. Bottom line of this physics lesson: You get tailored cushioning that reacts to your specific weight, pace, gait, movement and running environment – "made-for-me" cushioning vs. "one size fits all."
And, as with all good technology, we’ve taken it a step further (two steps actually):
- BioMoGo DNA is DNA technology blended with the BioMoGo midsole to provide adaptive cushioning throughout the midsole vs. just in the heel and forefoot.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole includes an organic, non-toxic additive that biodegrades the midsole 50 times faster than traditional EVA when it comes into contact with anaerobic landfill microbes (otherwise known as active, enclosed landfills).
- 30% more cushioning than standard midsole materials (gel or EVA)
- Twice as much energy return for more pep in your step
- Great performance no matter your weight or running pace
- Smoother transition from heel to toe
What is it?
“Rounded Heel” is just a fancy name that we like to use for the rounded and reduced heel on our shoes. The slight curvature in the heel vastly improves the alignment of your body, encouraging a more efficient stride.
How does it work?
It’s really quite simple. The curvature in the heel works to align the body by shifting the contact point forward. As you hit the ground there is a greater clearance distance under the middle of your heel, which aligns force through the center of your ankle, thus reducing internal stress on your body.
- Arch: Medium, High
- Country of Origin: Imported