Help Brooks revolutionize running shoes
When Brooks envisions the future of running footwear, we look to you. Our research team currently seeks runners to participate in our Biomechanics Lab Testing Program and/or Wear Testing Program. If you meet the following criteria, please continue reading for details about our testing programs and, if interested, proceed to our application form.
- Agrees to all terms of the Wear Tester Agreement
- Agrees to not post or share any pictures or information on the internet of testing product received (other than with specified Brooks permission)
- Agrees to return shoes upon request
- Lives in the Continental United States and is able to receive packages delivered by FedEx (*Due to import/export duty and trade restrictions we are unable to ship testing product outside the U.S. *Due to cost and time restraints we are unable to ship testing product to Alaska, Hawaii, or other United States territories. This also includes APO and AE addresses.)
- Knows personal gait category and running shoe size (if not, please visit a running specialty store to be fitted before you apply)
- Is 18 or older, or have a parent/guardian sign the Wear Test Agreement form
- Has regular access to the internet and a unique, individual, valid e-mail address
- Is able to provide detailed, helpful, and timely feedback effectively via email
- Agrees to use shoes only for running during testing (no yard work, rock climbing, etc.)
- Wants to create a better Brooks shoe!
Brooks Biomechanics Lab Testing Program
Brooks conducts continuous research on runners’ biomechanics (the way you move), and the effects of running footwear on biomechanics, performance, and comfort. Our studies, conducted at our Bothell, WA headquarters, examine the effectiveness of current Brooks product in meeting runners’ needs—as compared with competitors’ products and in an effort to pioneer new technologies that enhance running efficacy and performance. The data we collect from runners in the lab directly informs the development of Brooks products.
The duration of testing ranges from one to two hours, one to four times a year.
Brooks Wear Testing Program
Brooks needs your expert opinion on products in development. Your input will shape the fit, function, design and color of future footwear. At times, you will be able to keep the product you wear on your regular runs. However, at other times, we will call to request that you ship product back to Brooks at your own expense. If we do not have to cut open your shoes, we can return them to you upon completion of our analysis.
Become a Tester
Apply to join one or both of the above programs as a tester today by filling out our brief application form. Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis. Thanks for your support of Brooks Sports!
Check out our Wear Tester Program FAQs.