Built to withstand just about anything, the Ariel '14 women's running shoe is our most supportive shoe, ensuring maximum stability wtih a tremendously soft, cushioned feel underfoot. It's DNA midsole dynamically adapts to every step as the extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar keeps your body on track. The moisture-management mesh upper keeps feet cool and dry and the plush insole cradles them in plush comfort. Make the Ariel' 14 part of your world.
- More cushion than ever! Updated design wraps your foot for a glove-like fit
- Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar provides maximum control
- Brooks DNA midsole adapts to your stride for custom cushioning and stability
- Full-length Segmented Crash Pad creates smooth heel-to-toe transition with every step
- Moisture-Management Element Mesh in the upper and sockliner help keep your feet cool and comfortable
An innovative cushioning system that adapts to runners of all sizes and speeds, providing a custom ride.
Segmented Crash Pad
Made up of fully-integrated shock absorbers to provide cushion and smooth heel-to-toe transition, maximizing the efficiency of every stride.
What is it?
Brooks DNA is an innovative and uniquely adaptive cushioning system. By adapting to your specific weight, pace, gait and running surface, DNA offers customized cushioning and adds a spring to your step.
Traditional cushioning takes a one-size-fits-all approach, but we know that each runner is different. Brooks DNA was developed to continuously tailor the level of cushioning to your specific needs – even as they change during the run.
How does it work?
Brooks DNA is made up of a highly viscous non-Newtonian material or more simply put, a material that adapts to the specific force you apply to it. Part of the brilliance is that this compound was engineered to perform at the molecular level (picture millions of resilient 'nanosprings').
If you looked at Brooks DNA through a microscope, you'd see that it's made up of individual molecules connected in strands. These strands (which form chains) react to the amount of force placed on the foot, dispersing pressure and providing resiliency. Bottom line of this physics lesson: You get tailored cushioning that reacts to your specific weight, pace, gait, movement and running environment – "made-for-me" cushioning vs. "one size fits all."
And, as with all good technology, we’ve taken it a step further (two steps actually):
- BioMoGo DNA is DNA technology blended with the BioMoGo midsole to provide adaptive cushioning throughout the midsole vs. just in the heel and forefoot.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole includes an organic, non-toxic additive that biodegrades the midsole 50 times faster than traditional EVA when it comes into contact with anaerobic landfill microbes (otherwise known as active, enclosed landfills).
- 30% more cushioning than standard midsole materials (gel or EVA)
- Twice as much energy return for more pep in your step
- Great performance no matter your weight or running pace
- Smoother transition from heel to toe
What is it?
The Segmented Crash Pad customizes your foot's lay-down to provide amazing cushion and smooth heel-to-toe transition throughout the run.
How does it work?
We know that a key component of maximizing your run is to provide the smoothest possible heel-to-toe transition. The Segmented Crash Pad is one technology we use to achieve this goal.
Shaped like a caterpillar, the Segmented Crash Pad is a midsole made up of independent, yet fully integrated shock absorbers. As your foot strikes the ground, the segments work together to customize your individual lay down to provide the right amount of cushion and seamless heel-to-toe transition for you – making the most of all that effort you put into each stride.
- Shoe Category: Control
- Arch: Flat
- Body Build: Medium, Large
- Platform: Linear Platform
- DNA Layout: Full-length DNA Layout
- Construction Type: Stroebel
- Surface: Road/Track
- Launch Date: September 1, 2014
- Weight: 12.0 oz
- Midsole Drop: 12 mm