If the best-selling Adrenaline GTS and Sasquatch had a child (just go with it), it would be the Adrenaline ASR 11. This men’s trail running shoe is the perfect blend of award-winning fit and tricky terrain technologies. We start with the award-winning fit of the Adrenaline GTS 14, use closed mesh in the upper, treat it with DWR water-resistant coating, and make the outsole more aggressive for better traction off road and in wet conditions.
> See the Women's Adrenaline ASR 11 Trail Running Shoes
Adrenaline ASR 11
- Anatomical Brooks DNA provides adaptive cushioning
- Full-length energy-returning BioMoGo midsole
- Progressive Diagonal Rollbar for added control
- Heel-to-midfoot Segmented Crash Pad allows smooth transitions
- Rugged outsole for better traction on tricky terrain
- Durable water-resistant upper stands up to the elements
An innovative cushioning system that adapts to runners of all sizes and speeds, providing a custom ride.
Segmented Crash Pad
Made up of fully-integrated shock absorbers to provide cushion and smooth heel-to-toe transition, maximizing the efficiency of every stride.
What is it?
Brooks DNA is an innovative and uniquely adaptive cushioning system. By adapting to your specific weight, pace, gait and running surface, DNA offers customized cushioning and adds a spring to your step.
Traditional cushioning takes a one-size-fits-all approach, but we know that each runner is different. Brooks DNA was developed to continuously tailor the level of cushioning to your specific needs – even as they change during the run.
How does it work?
Brooks DNA is made up of a highly viscous non-Newtonian material or more simply put, a material that adapts to the specific force you apply to it. Part of the brilliance is that this compound was engineered to perform at the molecular level (picture millions of resilient 'nanosprings').
If you looked at Brooks DNA through a microscope, you'd see that it's made up of individual molecules connected in strands. These strands (which form chains) react to the amount of force placed on the foot, dispersing pressure and providing resiliency. Bottom line of this physics lesson: You get tailored cushioning that reacts to your specific weight, pace, gait, movement and running environment – "made-for-me" cushioning vs. "one size fits all."
And, as with all good technology, we’ve taken it a step further (two steps actually):
- BioMoGo DNA is DNA technology blended with the BioMoGo midsole to provide adaptive cushioning throughout the midsole vs. just in the heel and forefoot.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole includes an organic, non-toxic additive that biodegrades the midsole 50 times faster than traditional EVA when it comes into contact with anaerobic landfill microbes (otherwise known as active, enclosed landfills).
- 30% more cushioning than standard midsole materials (gel or EVA)
- Twice as much energy return for more pep in your step
- Great performance no matter your weight or running pace
- Smoother transition from heel to toe
What is it?
The Segmented Crash Pad customizes your foot's lay-down to provide amazing cushion and smooth heel-to-toe transition throughout the run.
How does it work?
We know that a key component of maximizing your run is to provide the smoothest possible heel-to-toe transition. The Segmented Crash Pad is one technology we use to achieve this goal.
Shaped like a caterpillar, the Segmented Crash Pad is a midsole made up of independent, yet fully integrated shock absorbers. As your foot strikes the ground, the segments work together to customize your individual lay down to provide the right amount of cushion and seamless heel-to-toe transition for you – making the most of all that effort you put into each stride.
- Shoe Category: Trail
- Pronation: Moderate
- Arch: Medium, High
- Body Build: Small, Medium, Large
- Platform: Universal Platform
- DNA Layout: Anatomical DNA Layout
- Construction Type: Combination
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Waterproof: No
- Competition: Trail racing
- Launch Date: July 1, 2014
- Weight: 11.1 oz
- Midsole Drop: 12mm
You Might Also Like...
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Cushions Impact
- Good Traction
- Great colors
- Water Repellant
- Narrow / Tight
- Dry Weather
- Endurance Training
- Trail Running
- Wet Weather
Comments about Adrenaline ASR 11:
My second pair of Adrenaline ASRs. My first pair were ASR8s and were what brought me to Brooks. Those ASR8s were available in 2E width which was/is rare and I ran them on every trail in the Golden-Boulder area and a 200 mile trail relay till they fell apart. LOVED them! Same with my 2E Ghost 7s I used for a road marathon (and on some trails). When it was time for new trail shoes, went right to Brooks.com to replace the ASRs but...Brooks!...no longer offers a trail shoe in wide sizes?! Say it ain't so. Your sizing guide told me to buy a half size up instead in the ASR11 and they work, but just not there on that superb feel. For web-footers everywhere, PLEASE make the next generation with a 2E option. Your wide sizes differentiate you and made me a loyal customer!
- Feels true to size
- Feels true to width
- Arch Type:
- Average Arch
- Was this a gift?: