Pick a line, trust your feet and run absolutely wild. It’s as simple as that in the completely redesigned PureGrit 3 trail running shoe for men. Taking a cue from the mad grip of climbing shoes, this lightweight runner connects you to the terrain as it responds and protects you from its tricky elements. An outsole peppered with hex lugs delivers maximum grip, while the propulsion plate provides a responsive toe-off and protects your foot from rocks and roots on the trail. A toe guard provides protection and added traction when the trail gets steep.
Just like our core line, we hold PureProject to the industry’s highest weartest and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject line to last approximately 250-300 miles.
See the women’s PureGrit 3 >
- BioMoGo DNA midsole provides adaptive cushioning
- Rounded heel offers better alignment minimizing stress on joints
- Omega Flex Grooves optimize flexibility
- Ballistic Rock Shield protects your foot from trail hazards
- Nav-band wraps your foot for comfortable security
3D Hex Lugs
Aggressive 3D hex lugs on the outsole provide maximum grip and the ballistic rock shield protects your foot from trail hazards.
The slight curve of the heel aligns force through the center of your ankle joint, reducing internal stress on your body.
What is it?
“Rounded Heel” is just a fancy name that we like to use for the rounded and reduced heel on our shoes. The slight curvature in the heel vastly improves the alignment of your body, encouraging a more efficient stride.
How does it work?
It’s really quite simple. The curvature in the heel works to align the body by shifting the contact point forward. As you hit the ground there is a greater clearance distance under the middle of your heel, which aligns force through the center of your ankle, thus reducing internal stress on your body.
- Shoe Category: Trail
- Arch: Medium, High
- Body Build: Medium, Large
- Platform: Anatomical Platform
- DNA Layout: Biomogo DNA Layout
- Construction Type: Stroebel
- Surface: Offroad/Trail
- Competition: Trail racing
- Launch Date: June 1, 2014
- Weight: 9.9 oz