Brooks Running Company Unveils the Ultimate Plush Ride that Tunes to Every Runner
The Brooks Transcend Revolutionizes How Runners Experience Stability and Cushioning
Seattle, Wash. – Aug. 2, 2013
Brooks Running Company today unveiled the newest addition to its award-winning footwear line: the Transcend. Designed from the ground up based on runner insight and biomechanics, the Transcend delivers the ultimate smooth ride: cushioned, effortless, plush and completely tuned to you.
"During the development of PureProject and our efforts to define the Feel experience, we realized there are a number of runners who crave the opposite end of the spectrum, which we call Float," said Jon Teipen, Brooks Footwear Product Line Manager. "Transcend is the first shoe that addresses this, driven by new technology that delivers a smooth ride with support that kicks in only when you need it, acting as a safety net that helps your body stay in a balanced position throughout the run."
The Transcend is positioned in the "support" category and complements the Brooks Adrenaline GTS, the best-selling shoe in the support category at Specialty Running Stores and the best-selling Brooks shoe across all channels for units sold this year, according to Leisure Trends. In addition, the Transcend enters the market at a time when the support category has wind at its back – as Leisure Trends measures it up 10 percent year-to-date in retail dollars sold across channels*.
- The Transcend features five key technologies that work together to provide its unique ride:
- 1. Super DNA – this advanced cushioning material provides the ultimate smooth ride that smartly adapts to your every stride.
- 2. Guide Rails – specialized plates built into the midsole revolutionize traditional stability by allowing your hips, knees and joints to move along their unique motion path while you run – all without any traditional posts.
- 3. Ideal Pressure Zones – transform the traditional idea of comfort by minimizing localized pressure evenly in the heel, midfoot and forefoot.
- 4. Ideal Heel – aligns your stride naturally and easily.
- 5. Plush upper – a combination of premium materials conforms to your foot for a custom, lush fit.
*Leisure Trends defines all channels to include sporting goods and specialty running retail channels.
About Brooks Running Company
Brooks Running Company designs and markets running-specific performance footwear, apparel, and accessories in more than 60 countries worldwide. Brooks’ mission is to inspire everyone to run and be active by creating innovative gear that keeps them running longer, farther and faster. Brooks’ mission is supported by its Run Happy philosophy, a quest to celebrate and champion the sport of running and all runners everywhere. Founded 1914, Brooks is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and is headquartered in Seattle. Visit www.brooksrunning.com for more information or follow us on Twitter (@brooksrunning) and Facebook (www.Facebook.com/brooksrunning).