£65.00 £65.00 - £100.00
The women's PureConnect 4 lightweight running shoes sports a minimalist profile but have it where it counts. Adaptive BioMoGo DNA in the midsole responds to your every step to provide custom cushion while the rounded heel helps your body move in its natural running motion. The toe-flex outsole pods move independently, giving you tremendous support and flexibility, and the conformable nav-band around the upper wraps your foot in featherweight comfort.
Like our core line, we hold the PureConnect 4 to the industry’s highest weartest and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction, you can expect shoes the PureConnect 4 to last approximately 250-300 miles.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole provides custom comfort
- Rounded heel for better alignment and smoother strides
- Omega Grooves add stability and flexibility
- Nav-band wraps your foot for comfortable security
- No-sew overlays give ultimate comfort
Great for road running
Midsole drop 4mm
Ideal for medium to high arches
Weight 6.6 oz
An innovative cushioning system that adapts to runners of all sizes and speeds, providing a custom ride.
The slight curve of the heel aligns force through the center of your ankle joint, reducing internal stress on your body.
What is it?
Brooks DNA is an innovative and uniquely adaptive cushioning system. By adapting to your specific weight, pace, gait and running surface, DNA offers customized cushioning and adds a spring to your step.
Traditional cushioning takes a one-size-fits-all approach, but we know that each runner is different. Brooks DNA was developed to continuously tailor the level of cushioning to your specific needs – even as they change during the run.
How does it work?
Brooks DNA is made up of a highly viscous non-Newtonian material or more simply put, a material that adapts to the specific force you apply to it. Part of the brilliance is that this compound was engineered to perform at the molecular level (picture millions of resilient 'nanosprings').
If you looked at Brooks DNA through a microscope, you'd see that it's made up of individual molecules connected in strands. These strands (which form chains) react to the amount of force placed on the foot, dispersing pressure and providing resiliency. Bottom line of this physics lesson: You get tailored cushioning that reacts to your specific weight, pace, gait, movement and running environment – "made-for-me" cushioning vs. "one size fits all."
And, as with all good technology, we’ve taken it a step further (two steps actually):
- BioMoGo DNA is DNA technology blended with the BioMoGo midsole to provide adaptive cushioning throughout the midsole vs. just in the heel and forefoot.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole includes an organic, non-toxic additive that biodegrades the midsole 50 times faster than traditional EVA when it comes into contact with anaerobic landfill microbes (otherwise known as active, enclosed landfills).
- 30% more cushioning than standard midsole materials (gel or EVA)
- Twice as much energy return for more pep in your step
- Great performance no matter your weight or running pace
- Smoother transition from heel to toe
What is it?
“Rounded Heel” is just a fancy name that we like to use for the rounded and reduced heel on our shoes. The slight curvature in the heel vastly improves the alignment of your body, encouraging a more efficient stride.
How does it work?
It’s really quite simple. The curvature in the heel works to align the body by shifting the contact point forward. As you hit the ground there is a greater clearance distance under the middle of your heel, which aligns force through the center of your ankle, thus reducing internal stress on your body.
- Shoe Category: Connect
- Arch: High
- Body Build: Small, Medium
- Platform: Anatomical Platform
- DNA Layout: Biomogo DNA Layout
- Construction Type: Stroebel
- Water-Resistant: No
- Waterproof: No
- Surface: Road/Track
- Competition: Road racing
- Launch Date: December 1, 2014
- Weight: 187.1 g
- Midsole Drop: 4mm
- Support Level: Neutral
- Country of Origin: Imported