€ 69,95 € 69,95 - € 100,00
Available in men’s sizes only. (For women we suggest ordering 1.5 sizes smaller than what you usually wear.)>
Racer ST 5
- Lightweight construction with solid support
- Diagonal rollbar provides superior control
- Full-length BioMoGo midsole adds custom cushion
- Bright color brings high-visibility safety to your run
- Great for training day, race day and every day in between
Great for road racing
Midsole Drop 12mm
Ideal for Medium to High Arches
Weight 8.6 oz
An innovative cushioning system that adapts to runners of all sizes and speeds, providing a custom ride.
Products that will make a runner visible in all lighting conditions while ensuring they're recognized as humans (and not a traffic cone).
What is it?
Brooks DNA is an innovative and uniquely adaptive cushioning system. By adapting to your specific weight, pace, gait and running surface, DNA offers customized cushioning and adds a spring to your step.
Traditional cushioning takes a one-size-fits-all approach, but we know that each runner is different. Brooks DNA was developed to continuously tailor the level of cushioning to your specific needs – even as they change during the run.
How does it work?
Brooks DNA is made up of a highly viscous non-Newtonian material or more simply put, a material that adapts to the specific force you apply to it. Part of the brilliance is that this compound was engineered to perform at the molecular level (picture millions of resilient 'nanosprings').
If you looked at Brooks DNA through a microscope, you'd see that it's made up of individual molecules connected in strands. These strands (which form chains) react to the amount of force placed on the foot, dispersing pressure and providing resiliency. Bottom line of this physics lesson: You get tailored cushioning that reacts to your specific weight, pace, gait, movement and running environment – "made-for-me" cushioning vs. "one size fits all."
And, as with all good technology, we’ve taken it a step further (two steps actually):
- BioMoGo DNA is DNA technology blended with the BioMoGo midsole to provide adaptive cushioning throughout the midsole vs. just in the heel and forefoot.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole includes an organic, non-toxic additive that biodegrades the midsole 50 times faster than traditional EVA when it comes into contact with anaerobic landfill microbes (otherwise known as active, enclosed landfills).
- 30% more cushioning than standard midsole materials (gel or EVA)
- Twice as much energy return for more pep in your step
- Great performance no matter your weight or running pace
- Smoother transition from heel to toe
What is it?
We combined our experience in retroreflective, fluorescence and contrast with new research findings on eye function, cognitive science and direction perception, shifting the conversation from one about "visibility" to one about "recognition".
By doing so, we were able to strategically rearrange these technologies to create a silhouette of a runner in motion. This helps ensure the brain recognizes what it’s seeing as a person and not a static object – like a traffic cone.
How does it work?
While some reflective running gear focuses on visibility, recognition is the key to Nightlife products. While Nightlife products do make a runner visible in all lighting conditions, they also ensure runners are recognized as humans in motion.
Brooks was one of the first technical brands to offer runners a high-visibility collection that helped keep them safe while running in low light and nighttime conditions. The focus was on:
- Fluorescent Colors: Fluorescent colors reflect or absorb colors in the visible spectrum, but that extra glow in fluorescent colors comes from ultraviolet light, which humans don’t see. Ultraviolet light, or UV, is just beyond visible violet in the spectrum. Fluorescent dyes turn invisible energy into visible light, making them visible to the human eye.
- Retroreflectivity: A retroreflective is a device or surface that reflects light back with minimum scattering of light, directly impacting the distance at which the device or surface can be seen.
- Shoe Category: Speed
- Arch: Medium, High
- Body Build: Small, Medium
- Platform: Universal Platform
- DNA Layout: Rearfoot DNA Layout
- Construction Type: Strobel
- Water-Resistant: No
- Waterproof: No
- Surface: Road/Track
- Competition: Road racing
- Weight: 243.8 g
- Midsole Drop: 12 mm
- Support Level: Support
- Country of Origin: Imported