- BioMoGo DNA midsole provides custom comfort
- Heel and forefoot pivot posts give you ultimate control
- Full-length Segmented Crash Pad allows smooth transitions
- Forefoot ballistic rock shield adds extra protection
- Moisture-management mesh upper lets your feet breathe
Great for trail running
Ideal for medium to high arches
Weight 9.6 oz
Midsole drop 10mm
Ballistic Rock Shield
Toughened thermoplastic EVA sheath between the outsole and midsole protects the forefoot by spreading out point loads from sharp objects.
An innovative cushioning system that adapts to runners of all sizes and speeds, providing a custom ride.
What is it?
Brooks DNA is an innovative and uniquely adaptive cushioning system. By adapting to your specific weight, pace, gait and running surface, DNA offers customized cushioning and adds a spring to your step.
Traditional cushioning takes a one-size-fits-all approach, but we know that each runner is different. Brooks DNA was developed to continuously tailor the level of cushioning to your specific needs – even as they change during the run.
How does it work?
Brooks DNA is made up of a highly viscous non-Newtonian material or more simply put, a material that adapts to the specific force you apply to it. Part of the brilliance is that this compound was engineered to perform at the molecular level (picture millions of resilient 'nanosprings').
If you looked at Brooks DNA through a microscope, you'd see that it's made up of individual molecules connected in strands. These strands (which form chains) react to the amount of force placed on the foot, dispersing pressure and providing resiliency. Bottom line of this physics lesson: You get tailored cushioning that reacts to your specific weight, pace, gait, movement and running environment – "made-for-me" cushioning vs. "one size fits all."
And, as with all good technology, we’ve taken it a step further (two steps actually):
- BioMoGo DNA is DNA technology blended with the BioMoGo midsole to provide adaptive cushioning throughout the midsole vs. just in the heel and forefoot.
- BioMoGo DNA midsole includes an organic, non-toxic additive that biodegrades the midsole 50 times faster than traditional EVA when it comes into contact with anaerobic landfill microbes (otherwise known as active, enclosed landfills).
- 30% more cushioning than standard midsole materials (gel or EVA)
- Twice as much energy return for more pep in your step
- Great performance no matter your weight or running pace
- Smoother transition from heel to toe
- Arch: Medium, High
- Platform: Universal Platform
- Construction Type: Stroebel
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Waterproof: No
- Surface: Offroad/Trail
- Weight: 272.2 g
- Support Level: Neutral
- Country of Origin: Imported