New to running?
Here are 10 easy tips to get you going:
- Talk with your physician about your workout plan.
- Get yourself a good pair of running shoes (check!).
- Gear up with performance clothing to keep you comfortable while you sweat.
- Find a running partner or beginner group you'll stick with.
- Set goals. Think small at first, as you build endurance, you can start dreaming big.
- Keep a journal of what you have accomplished.
- Listen to your body. If something doesn't feel right, slow down. If you feel great, pick up the pace!
- Incorporate cross training into your running routine to spice it up.
- Reward yourself when you accomplish goals, big or small.
Start your run off on the right foot! Check out our shoe advisor to discover your sole mate.
Beginner 5k Training Plan
If you've never run before, this plan will help ease you into an active routine and build your endurance, with the ultimate goal of completing a 5K.